Review Quilter 101 With Reverb Mini British or American Sounding

  • Some fraudsters have compromised TGP accounts have in the past few days. They have scammed members in the Emporiums by creating ads with stolen photos and requesting Paypal F&F or Venmo exclusively for payment.

    We take these issues seriously. We've made security changes that I don't desire to detail here to stop them. However, the all-time way to forestall this is for members to do proper countersign hygiene (which I'll detail beneath), plough on two-cistron hallmark, and -- I implore every single person here -- only use payment methods that accept heir-apparent protection. Unfortunately, we cannot control how members do deals. It is heartbreaking to meet that the lure of saving some money will still fool people into using those methods to salve a few dollars. In today'due south world, that is faux conviction you can no longer afford.

    Every business relationship that I've restored so far to the original owner was using compromised passwords. Talking to one member every bit I am working through getting his account dorsum in order, he informed me that his Apple password manager had been compromised and made available on the dark spider web.

    None of the accounts compromised were using two-factor authentication.

    We accept forced email revalidation for all members that have non signed on for a while. We highly recommend every member reading this modify their passwords as a precaution. We want to highly recommend that members plough on and utilise TGP's 2-factor authentication choice.

    We have opened a word thread in the Pub section discussing this.We volition include a very detailed password checklist.

  • Home
  • Forums
  • The Gear
  • Amps and Cabs
You are using an out of appointment browser. It may non display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or utilise an alternative browser.

Quilter 101 Mini Reverb review

  • Thread starter scott757
  • Showtime date
scott757
  • #1
I got a Quilter 101 Mini Reverb head this week. I bought it about xxx mins later on getting the Microblock 45. I loved the MB45 and immediately wanted more than tone controls. The Mini Reverb did not disappoint. Information technology's not a modeling amp. It's a really good sounding solidstate amp. I love everything near it. Even the notched move knobs. I'thousand playing it through a 112 Avatar cab loaded with an Eminence Cannabis King. Information technology sounds great with all my guitars, SC and HB. The gain is pleasant. The reverb is tasteful. Right at present my favorite setting is the gain around 1 to give it some umph without breaking upward. Bass at apex. Mids and treble around one. Limiter off. Reverb around apex. So fix your book and play. I haven't played a ton of pedals through it. My small board is just a tuner, an Air-conditioning Booster, and a Carbon Copy. But it sounds great with everything I've thrown at it. Very impressed.
Terminal edited:
Guinness Lad
  • #2
I have the 45 and am happy with the tone controls because I use it to power a Mesa V-Twin rackmount preamp. I agree though dandy sounding even on it's own.
jamester
  • #3
That'southward a lot of reverb!

Later on struggling with the original 101 Mini for over a year, I just used Xmas money to help fund a 101 Reverb. Gotta say, huge deviation! So far I'm really liking it, simply quibble is it has a brilliant top end which makes the loftier strings a lilliputian plinky no matter what. Rolling the guitar's tone knob down to eight takes intendance of it, but I'thousand also going to exist trying some new pickups shortly and then nosotros'll see how that translates...

slybird
  • #four
I got a Quilter 101 Mini Reverb head this week. I bought information technology almost 30 mins subsequently getting the Microblock 45. I loved the MB45 and immediately wanted more tone controls. The Mini Reverb did not disappoint. It's non a modeling amp. Information technology's a really adept sounding solidstate amp. I love everything nearly it. Fifty-fifty the botched movement knobs. I'm playing it through a 112 Avatar cab loaded with an Eminence Cannabis Rex. Information technology sounds great with all my guitars, SC and HB. The gain is pleasant. The reverb is tasteful. Right now my favorite setting is the gain around i to give it some umph without breaking upwardly. Bass at apex. Mids and treble around one. Limiter off. Reverb around noon. So set your volume and play. I haven't played a ton of pedals through it. My small board is simply a tuner, an AC Booster, and a Carbon Copy. But it sounds not bad with everything I've thrown at information technology. Very impressed.

Botched movement knobs?
musicman1
  • #5
I have the MB 45 and keep information technology on gigs as a fill-in amp in case a tube or fuse blows. Id like to use the 45 for a practice amp when Im not gigging and take been looking for a small 1x10 8 ohm chiffonier? Whatsoever thoughts?
  • #six
That IS a lot of reverb!

I find the 101R adequately potent on the lesser end and then I scroll it back to probably 10-11 o'clock.

I observe the breakup pretty bad to be honest. I also run the Gain at 1-2 o'clock - as high every bit information technology goes earlier breaking up. I apply a PedalPal JCM Emulator and a SHO boost clone in front for drive.

I'm soon to build a Sweet Love clone to employ as an always-on pedal which cleans up using the book control on the guitar (to emulate the way I use my valve amp).

I am happy with the 101 but it will still probably be used mainly every bit a fill-in or lazy (small-scale/light) option.... My valve amps nevertheless sounds notably better & more 'live.'

If I simply had the Quilter I could happily just use that lone.

  • #7

I think he meant 'notched!'
scott757
  • #eight
Sorry. I misspelled notched.
Chippertheripper
  • #9
Is the quilter a better crossover to a fender than, say, a katana?
eriwebnerr
  • #10
This is a adept amp for certain! Takes pedals really well too. Mids knob and limiter make for a lot of versatility in a Deluxe Reverb fashion setup.
eriwebnerr
  • #11
Is the quilter a improve crossover to a fender than, say, a katana?

If by Fender you mean Deluxe Reverb (not Twin) I would say aye. The Katana has a very good clean tone but at that place is this sort of EL34 / British vibe to information technology whereas the Quilter is more than what you lot would expect from a Deluxe Reverb. Check out the Quilter 101 Reverb video where Josh Smith is playing it - that should give you a practiced thought.
Chippertheripper
  • #12
If by Fender you lot mean Palatial Reverb (not Twin) I would say yes. The Katana has a very practiced make clean tone just in that location is this sort of EL34 / British vibe to it whereas the Quilter is more what you would wait from a Deluxe Reverb. Check out the Quilter 101 Reverb video where Josh Smith is playing it - that should requite you a good idea.
I don't care every bit much about the onboard reverb, I accept that covered in pretty much spades with a Gomez, a surfy bear, and HOF likewise, if needed. I'll defintely peep that video.
GenoVox
  • #14
Had 1 of these briefly... there was alot to like almost it - ultimately found it underpowered - was lost/buried at the one (not very loud) jam i brought it to, and even but effectually the firm lacked some oomph

Ended upwards just sticking with my Tone Block 201 (which too isn't perfect, only that's for another thread...)

Now, if they came out with a Mini Reverb caput with 200 watts, THEN nosotros might have the perfect solution

scott757
  • #xv
Had one of these briefly... at that place was alot to like about information technology - ultimately found it underpowered - was lost/buried at the one (not very loud) jam i brought it to, and even simply around the house lacked some oomph

Ended upwards just sticking with my Tone Block 201 (which also isn't perfect, merely that's for some other thread...)

Now, if they came out with a Mini Reverb head with 200 watts, And then nosotros might have the perfect solution


I was thinking the same thing.
griggsterr
  • #sixteen
Longtime Quilter Aviator user hither.
Hundreds of gigs, pocket-sized clubs to 3,000 people.
I once dropped it an it turned over 3x going downwardly this hill.
I'm still using that amp every calendar week.
Plus it takes pedals better than annihilation I tin can discover and I take owned virtually everything remotely mainstream. Fenders, Oranges, DR Z, Mesa, Tungsten, Marshall and a lot more
GenoVox
  • #17
I find the breakup pretty bad to exist honest
I accept institute that to exist true with Quilter products in full general (take tried 5 unlike ones)... yes, even their OD200 head (in fact, Particularly the OD200, which simply was not for me at all)

Normally prefer setting the gain to somewhere between 4-6 (depending on the guitar) and using information technology every bit a "clean" pedal platform - takes most ODs and Distortions amazingly well

Nitrobattery
  • #18
I really like the 101 Mini Reverb a lot.

For what its worth, the Aviator caput is notwithstanding actually small, light and does the Fendery thing actually well. If the 101 Mini Reverb didn't have enough 'oomph' for you, the Aviator head or the Overdrive 200 might exist the ticket. The Overdrive 200 doesn't have reverb, just it's a 200 watt mini head with a almost identical clean channel. Simply throw a reverb pedal in the loop and you're skillful to go.

I used the Aviator head in a hard rock/metallic ring equally a dedicated clean amp through a 4x12 and loved the results.

jamester
  • #20
The 101 Reverb seemed a fiddling anemic until I put the proceeds around noon, then the master started acting how I expected it to. Most of my playing situations aren't very loud, so I'1000 certain it volition have enough ability for me simply I can run across how it might come upwards a lilliputian short in a loud band context. I have notwithstanding to take it out of the firm, so time volition tell for me..

Non sure why they didn't just make it a hundred watts, like the original 101 is capable of. For that matter why bother with 50w at all, since the platform can practice 100w..?

  • Home
  • Forums
  • The Gear
  • Amps and Cabs

douglasaloons.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/quilter-101-mini-reverb-review.1897523/

0 Response to "Review Quilter 101 With Reverb Mini British or American Sounding"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel